In 2012, Mark won his election bid to serve on the Duncanville City Council and served one-term as Mayor Pro-Tem. Mark currently holds a seat as Board President for Duncanville Economic Development and an alumni of the Duncanville Police Citizens Academy.Continue reading
Mark recently organized a community "Build a Bike Project" to promote unity in Duncanville. Residents and community partners presented 6-bicycles to local students just before Christmas. Mark hopes to achieve a higher goal for the project this year and propose bike lanes connecting city parks to other city parks.Continue reading
Quality of Life
A few months ago, Mark conducted a Facebook survey asking if Duncanville residents thought smoking should be allowed in public areas. Duncanville City Council approved A Smoke free Duncanville ordinance after staff conducted research and a large number of citizens supported the ordiance.Continue reading
- Meet The Candidates Presented By Dallas Examiner, Monday, March 28, 2016 6:00pm - 8:00pm African American Museum at Fair Park
- Campaign Headquarters Grand Opening Saturday, April 2, 2016 1:00pm - 4:00pm 111 S. Cedar Ridge Rd. Suite 135
- Mark Cooks announces campaign for Duncanville Mayor seat
- $295,000 Economic Development Assistance Package
- Early Voting is Scheduled for Monday, April 25 - Tuesday, May 4, 2016
- Election Day May 7, 2016
Mark Cooks part of the League of Women Voters of Dallas 2016 Joint Election Voters Guide!
Early Voting Begins Monday, April 25th Vote Mark D. Cooks Mayor for Duncanville
Check Our Latest News for Upcoming Events and Activities.